MIND diet to prevent Alzheimer’s
September 16, 2017 at 2:32 PM
A study by researchers at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago shows a
diet plan called the MIND diet can reduce the risk of developing Alzheimer’s
disease by as much as 53%. Here are the foods they recommend to eat.
- Green leafy vegetables - Recommended to eat a salad and one vegetable everyday.
- Nuts - Eat them everyday.
- Berries - Everyday, especially blue berries.
- whole grains - Atleast 3 servings of whole grains everyday.
- Fish - At least once a week.
- Poultry - At least once a week.
- Olive oil - Recommended to use as primary oil for cooking.
- Wine - Once a day is okay.